(Sr.) Front-end Engineer
About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
Paidy is a payment platform that lets online merchants accept payments in real-time from customers without credit cards.
Paidy is looking for engineers to join the platform team. We build and support an innovative payment platform that processes cardless payments, opening up convenient online commerce for people without credit cards. Every day, week & month, our challenge is to scale and support the growing merchant and consumer base, evolve along their needs, while maintaining and protecting simplicity along all dimensions.
About the team
We’re growing fast and we know that what worked a year ago won’t necessarily work a year from now. This applies to our technology and the organization of our teams. This offers tremendous opportunities for those willing to take ownership and responsibilities. We believe in honesty & empathy, introspection & collaboration, laughter & relationships, play to your strengths and patch your weaknesses, ask questions at all times, stay open-minded.
Key Role and Responsibilities
The Paidy product & platform revolves around data. Looking at our future, we need to look at every piece of our business architecture and infrastructure with a detailed and critical eye. You will help us be thoughtful and deliberate about tackling the right bottlenecks, as well as develop new features and support, extend or simplify the existing ones. You’ll have the opportunity to gain a deep understanding of creating simple user experiences for complex products.
● You will work with colleagues and teams building and improving a variety of services and features for internal and external users:
● MyPaidy, which is Paidy’s single page application for consumers. What started out as a simple payments dashboard, is growing into a full application where consumers can review and manage the increasing number of payment solutions Paidy offers.
● Frontend experiences for merchants that make it as easy as possible for them to receive and manage their paidy payments online. All of our merchants participate in doing business online, and payments are an essential part of their process. Reducing friction here is what it’s about.
● Paidy Admin, Paidy’s internal tool used across teams to investigate and manage merchants & consumers, payments & charges, partners and settlements. We aim to increase our efficiency through investment in internal tools, and each of those tools has its own unique set of frontend engineering challenges.
● Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts product, design, infrastructure, and operations
● Instrument the systems with monitoring and alerting to ensure accuracy, availability and responsiveness.
Skills and Requirements
● You have a degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent through experience
● You enjoy building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, Flow, and Webpack
● You have team-based software development experience, and enjoy working with different stakeholders
● You care deeply about performance, accessibility, and API design
● You enjoy being a generalist working on anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
● You actively seek better consumer experiences and make design proposals through wireframes, sketches and mockups
● You can connect different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
● You have a high bar for producing clean, maintainable and testable code
● You are comfortable working in a big codebase with multiple stakeholders
● You love learning and are not afraid to jump in
Nice to have
● You are familiar with creating B2C user experiences
● Experience with financial or payment product
Please include in your application
● A short introduction describing who you are and what you’re looking for. What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you?
● Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Dribbble, etc).
● A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
● Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl=US
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
What We Offer You
● Diversified team with 150+ colleagues from 30+ countries
● Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
● Cross-functional collaboration
● Flexible work-from-home arrangement
● Competitive salary and benefits
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける